Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstalling Exceed for Windows NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikereign

MIS
Apr 23, 2012
US
In reference to thread88-572367

When you are attempting to uninstall "Exceed for Windows NT", it may throw the error "A default user installation can only be uninstalled by a user with administrator privileges who has performed a personal/User installation of the product".

Since the previous thread for this was closed without resolution, I figured I would open this thread to provide the information that I used to resolve the issue. The reason I found that this error is thrown is because the user you are trying to uninstall the program with does not have the Exceed registry entries in its hive. To resolve this issue, I did the following:
- Exported the "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Exceed" key to a file
- Opened the exported registry file and changed the destination from "HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Exceed" to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Exceed"
- Import the adjusted registry file

Afterwards, I was able to run the uninstaller with no issues. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back