Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstalling ARCserveIT/Exchange Agent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2001
US
I'm contemplating uninstalling ARCserve. For the past two weeks, I cannot get it to backup. It keeps giving me an error about permissions, but I made sure that the user name and password were correct.

Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone has had problems uninstalling this program. Did it cause any problems with NT or Exchange after it was removed? What needs to be manually removed after it is gone?

Any info on this would be great. Thanks in advance!

I'm getting the following errors:

W3404 Unable to open file. (FILE=C:\WINNT\system32\wins\winstmp.mdb, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)
W3404 Unable to open file. (FILE=C:\WINNT\system32\wins\wins.mdb, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)

W3404 Unable to open file. (FILE=D:\exchsrvr\dxadata\TEMP.EDB, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)
W3404 Unable to open file. (FILE=D:\exchsrvr\dxadata\XDIR.EDB, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)
W3404 Unable to open file. (FILE=D:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)
W3404 Unable to open file. (FILE=D:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\tmp.edb, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)

E8604 Failed to start backup. (DBNAME=dbaexch, EC=Backup Agent Error -- (331) "Insufficient privilege. Please check user privileges".)

Thanks for any and all help.

If it is any help, when we get the error

E8604 Failed to start backup. (DBNAME=dbaexch, EC=Backup Agent Error -- (331) "Insufficient privilege. Please check user privileges".)

on our exchange servers, it is because we have not entered the exchange service account details in the Security options correctly.

This is a good first step to check.

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back