Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

uninstalling arcserve 2000 SBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevok

Technical User
Jan 10, 2005
GB
On trying to uninstall arcserve 2000 SBS using windows add/remove programs, (which I assume is the right way to it as I couldnt find an uninstaller). I got a fatal error, after which arcserve is no longer listed on add/remove programs but the software is still there and running but I need to remove it to do a clean re-install but install wont let me do a re-install over the top.
Is there a manual uninstall utility anywhere or a key in the registry I need to remove to kid the O/S that the product is no longer installed.
The reason for the uninstall is some strange stuff goin on with the database disappearing media pools jobs working then not etc, possibly due initially to a motherboard/memory problem. Any tips/utilities for database repair or other info would be great too
Cheers

restart the server and try it again,

if that does not work run the installation program it should give the option to remove, worse case just install it again and then after that it should show up under add/remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back