Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstalling an EPN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

janney

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
Hi everyone,
We are closing up one of our buildings which contains an EPN. The EPN is connected to our PPN via fiber. We have a G3si v10. What are the steps involved for gracefully disconnecting/unistalling? Can this be done during production hours? Will it affect my PPN? I thought that there was a FAQ on this but I couldn't find it on this Forum.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Thank you

1. Remove all station & trunk translations from the EPN.
2. Power down the EPN
3. Remove the EI board (TN776 or TN570) from slot 1 of the 'A' carrier in the EPN.
4. Remove the fiber transceiver from the back of the PPN
5. Collect and coil the fiber jumpers from both the PPN & EPN.
6. 'test' and alarms that may hav been generated. There are no actual translations associated with an EPN on a G3si.

Yes, it can be done during the day.

Kevin

Wow!!! Thank you for such a quick and concise reply!

Be careful of removing the EI board. There are peering relationships that form when epn and ppn are built. They share timeslots and other system resources.

Simply removing an EI board can send a ppn into a tailspin. (Speaking from recent experience.)

Also you may find that your fiber-link (which must also be removed) translations may be beyond your logins ability. Avaya may have to give you a hand after you remove everything else.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Fiber-link translations? What commands will I be needing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back