Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstaller for Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaInfo

Technical User
Oct 5, 2006
GB
Hi,

I would like to uninstall the CS2 package on 40 Macs and being new to the Macs, i don't know the best way to uninstall it.

I have been told that there is no such thing as uninstaller for most of the programs on Macs? We have to delete each folder manually. Is that correct?

If not, which is the best way (any software) which could uninstall the CS2 package?

Many Thanks!

Normally to un-install anything you simply find the file in the applications folder, and drag it into the trash.

That's it.

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

Thanks Willif!

I have tried that but there are many files installed related to CS2 in other folders i.e Library.

I am looking for a program that would help me uninstall the whole package in one go rather than having to go throgh many diffrent folders to see if there is anything for CS2.

This article explains this more, but basically suggested that the support files in the library take up negligible disk space, and they recommend that you leave them there, just in case you ever want to re-install the software.

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

Try these:

Disclaimer: I have not tried any of them. I tend to just drag and drop the application package file in the bin.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

You might contact Adobe and see if they have an uninstaller for that purpose. Some applications have uninstallers, but alot of the MAC software does not.

I agree that is cumbersome to trackdown all the items on a disk associated with an app. Even if they don't take up a lot of space it adds to clutter and fragmentation.

....JIM....

I've used appzapper myself, works like a charm.

It automatically finds all the preference files that come with the installed application and 'zapps' them all at once.

When you insert the CS2 installer CD/DVD and run the installer, does it offer the ability to uninstall? I vaguely recall that it did.

I don't know if CS2 does this (CS3 does).

Take a look in Applications/Utilities/

There might be a folder called Adobe Installers which contains an application for Adding/Removing Creative Suite.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back