Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstall without original installation files

Status
Not open for further replies.

srentzel

Programmer
Mar 17, 2002
US
Is there a way that I can uninstall a version of Crystal Reports without having the original installation files available? I need to uninstall CR 6.0 prior to installing CR 8.5.

Regards,

Sharon

I think you mean that you don't have the original disk.
There really is no way.

You will need to delete all the crystal-related folders and then manually edit the registry using regedit.

Make sure you delete the Crystal folder in c:\windows
or c:\winnt Howard Hammerman,

Crystal Reports training, consulting, books, training material, software, and support. Scheduled training in 8 cities.
howard@hammerman.com
800-783-2269

I assume that you have tried Windows Add/Remove?

I wouldn't think you would need to uninstall v6 to install v8.5. I have a testing PC that has versions 4.5, 5, 6, 7, 8.5 and Enterprise v8. V8.5 and Enterprise don't have any problems since they were installed installed last.

I know that this isn't 'recommended' or 'supported', but my experience is that it only seems to affect the oldest versions, and even then only on rare occasions. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back