Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstall Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxPacific

Programmer
Jun 22, 2001
US
Hi All,

I created an Admin user (other than Administrator). I added that new Admin user account to the following groups:

Administrators
Domain Admins
Domain Users
Enterprise Admins
Remote Desktop Users

I want to uninstall a program using Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel. However, when I open the window up there is no "Remove" button available. What else do I need to do?

Aloha,

James

What is the program? Does it not have an uninstall? Is there an "unwise.exe" anywhere in the program files\application directory?

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

The particular program I want to uninstall is one that I wrote and packaged with installshield.

However, nNone of the installed programs have the "Remove" button next to them in the Add/Remove Programs dialog.

Any idea how to fix this?

Aloha,

James

I would check to see if you have a policy in place that is blocking the uninstall. check local system grooup policy and any policies from the domain.

You could try using GPRESULT to help you isolate it.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back