Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstall MEPIS Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tejanorey

Technical User
Mar 23, 2002
US
I installed MEPIS Lite on an old Win 98 Dell Laptop. I now want to unistall it and install a differ Linux OS. I didn't partition the drives and so Linux was installed over the Windows OS. Now I tried running the MEPIS Lite CD and nothing happens, I tried running three differ Live Linux CD's and nothing aswell. I even went into the BIOS to make sure to boot from CD's and nothing. Can somebody help me out. I didn't think it would be so difficult to unistall linux.

Tejanorey

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
- Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings to keep the enemy from immediately fleeing

You don't need to uninstall it. You just install something else over it. If your computer is not booting to cd - that doesn't have anything to do with the OS. It should boot off the cd from bios before the OS ever gets loaded.

I did the BIOS even had the setting to where it will ONLY boot from CD and still nothing happens. I then thought that my CD Drive was not working properly but tried it once MEPIS Lite loaded up and it worked then.

Tejanorey

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
- Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings to keep the enemy from immediately fleeing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back