Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstall Exchange 2003 from SBS Server... BUT with a Twist! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjscott13

Technical User
Mar 12, 2008
AU
Hi All,

We would like to uninstall Exchange 2003 from our SBS 2003 Server. The twist is that we have transitioned our SBS server to Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition now. It is technically not an SBS Server.

We have installed Exchange onto another server and successfully moved across to using it. We have also disabled all the Exchange services off our old SBS box... but I would like to uninstall it so that it is gracefully removed from our Exchange System environment.

When I open Add/Remove Programs, no Microsoft Exchange is listed and from what I hear, in SBS you would find Small Business Server in Add/Remove Programs and then add/remove components of that, however there is no Small Business Server in the list either now.

How can I do this now?

Insert your SBS installation media and when you get to the part about installing Exchange you can chose to Uninstall or Remove exchange.

Did you purchase transition packs?

I will have to give that a go. Thanks!

I did purchase the Transition Packs from Microsoft.

I started with Disc 1 from the SBS installation but it seemed to actually want to install SBS again. So I cancelled that and went straight to Disc 2 and browsed for the Exchange setup.exe file in the I386 folder. It realised that Exchange was already installed and gave me the option to remove.

Thanks! It's all gone now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back