Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uniform Dial Plan?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jttblak

Technical User
Jun 4, 2001
US
Can anyone assist me w/instructions on setting up a Uniform Dial Plan to 4 digit dial. Or Direct me to a website, thanks!

What type of system? José B. Olagues
Telephony Administrator
NACIO Systems

Hi
For use UDP you have to make change dial-plan to switch on 4-digits-UDP and add the extension starting with your desired fist digit and 4-digit length. Then you should change udp 2xxx for example if you want so type of UDP-extensions. Make in this form udp-code YYY (in that case you will than use aar analysis table) or AAR-code (in that case you will use aar digit conversion table before aar analysis). YYY- any your desired combination of 3-digits not covering your area(private network) numbering in AAR tables. Then you change aar analysis YYY to make:

Mtch
Ptn _______Min______Max_______Route
YYY _______ 7_______ 7__________34

Then change route-pattern 34
TrunkGrp FRL ----_____---_________Del
2 4 3
No problem - this is example only, you can make your own variation. Have questions?
RGRDS

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned it was a Definity G3 system!

Try to make UDP routing as described above - must work.
Command sequence:
change dial-plan
change udp 2xxx
change aar analysis YYY
change route-pattern
What doesn't work?

jttblak (TechnicalUser)
Jul 5, 2001

I'm sorry, I should have mentioned it was a Definity G3 system!
You have a good system. :)

I wasn't say that something didn't work! I was replying to the user that asked me what type of system I was referring to. I understand your basic instructions, however I'm looking for more detailed info. Thanks!!

Why are installing UDP? Networking the PBX's (DCS) or just shortcut dialing?

DCS and UDP requires a 4 or 5 digit dial plan. UDP is used when you have DCS. UDP uses the AAR tables not ARS tables. UDP uses a prefix digit as a routing guide. It then goes to the AAR tables and changes the digit string to what you wish to dial via the AAR ana table.

Thanks
Chris

Watch out because if you "cha dia" and change the "local or udp first" field, it'll wipe out the "cha udp NNNN" config ...

Ouch !

Worth remembering if you have a complex network ;-)

Giles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back