Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unified Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicheleAnn716

Technical User
Sep 20, 2005
US
Is it possible to forward a vm message to a user that doesn't have the desktop messaging software. Can I convert the file or do I need to install the Nortel player?

Yes, you can forward a voice message out of the desktop messaging folder to another non-user. It will forward it as a.wav file and as long as that person can listen to .wwav files they should be able to hear it. I have even sent them off network to a personal email address....

When I forward it, the end user receives a .vbk file. Is there a setting to make it become a .wav

There is an option in mailbox class that allows you to forward to non-user and also if you want to send as .wav file.

Desktop and Web Messaging Configuration

Allow user to send voice messages to non-CallPilot recipients: Convert to WAV format: Restrict none Always Never

Not sure if I'm looking in the right place but I don't see those options.

It is under "User" --- "Mailbox Classes"

"Desktop and Web Messaging Configuration"
section of the particular 'mailbox class' you are using.

That's where I was looking.

Desktop & Web Messaging is checked off.
Desktop Playback: Restrict none

I don't see where to convert to wav

The user would need desktop messaging that is sending to non-user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back