Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unified Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeeMan

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2004
US
Is there any way to have a voicemail show up in your main outlook inbox so you don't have to go to a seperate inbox to retrieve your voicemails? Also, this would give us notifications on our blackberries that we have voicemail.

If you set up an IMAP connection in Outlook to connect to the BCM and log in with the users credentials, then yes. Only way to do that with the Unified Messaging client is to have Outlook in POP3 mode so the information stores aren't separated.

Using Rules and Alerts Wizard, create a rule in your Outlook to key on the words "voice message". Configure the rule to copy the message to your Inbox. This works slick and will also light/extinguish your Message Waiting lamp when you receive/retrieve the message.

Jephph,
If I can get your idea working it would be great.
I have tried your advice with both copy and forward.
I am having one problem. When the rules wizard kicks in,
it automatically turns off the msg light whether I have listened or not. I tried several filters and now I cannot get any message to forward or copy to my inbox.
Still having fun.
I will keep playing with it.

NARSBARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back