Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unified Messaging - Rule to move messages to Inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsantin

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2004
CA
Has anyone figured out an Outlook rule (2003) to automaticlly forward/move messgaes from the "Call Pilot Message Store" to the standard inbox? The "apply this rule when messages are received" doesn't seem to work as I suspect becasue it is a MAPI connection and thus messgaes are not "received" in the outlook sense.

Im trying to get the messages moved so they get picked up by the BES server and make it out to our blackberries.

Try building it on the "received through specific account" parameter.

It will not work until you get BCM50 3.0, and exchange server 2007 to communicate to the Exchange store. I am trying to achieve the same results. You need a gateway to the 2007 exchange server with Microsoft unified messaging. Microsoft has a list of gateway's that are supported, but I have not been able to get it to work yet. I am hoping the SIP enhancements in 3.0 will fix this. Or with the new BCM 450.

crappy :(

especially since we are still on 3.6 with no immediate upgrade plans

What is the new BCM450 ? Is it a new hardware platform ?

you can however create a rule to forward the email, however i dont think the .vbk file will play on the black berry. might as well use remote notification

kungfumstr, rules don't work, hence the reason for this post.

I am not sure the details about the BCM450, but the Nortel Rep recently told me that the two new releases are the BCM50 3.0, and the BCM450! Meet me conferencing, integration with MSN messenger and enhanced SIP are all he said.

the bcm450 is a new hardware system it expands the current bcm to 300 ports plus pri not sure if they are removing the bus architecture or not. all hardweare from bcm 400 will be reusable it will support 300 tdm or ip or a mixture of both

it will be released q3 q4 this year

Nortel just released a new feature for BCM50r3.0 called "Message Forwarding".
This will virutally eliminate the need for Unified Messaging clients by allowing mailbox users to forward messages and faxes to any email address.
Great for those users that want their voicemails delivered to Blackberry's, etc.

-SD-

-SupportDude

Is the "Message Forwarding" feature part of an upcoming SU? I can't find it in the latest SU. Thanks,

-SupportDude

Forget previous post, just found it in "System Properties".
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back