Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unified messaging on Blackberry

Status
Not open for further replies.

h4ynd

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2009
US
I have callpilot unified messaging setup and working. I have a Citrix server environemnt with a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server)inplace and would like to have my voice mails delivered to my blackberry devices. How do I go about setting it up. I have installed the Nortel software on the Citrix server will I need to install it on the (BES) as well?

If you are at least at CP 4, you can configure Message Forwarding Rules (in My Call Pilot) to send the voice messages to external email addresses. I've been using this feature for a couple of years now, and it's great. I don't use a Blackberry (I use Windows mobile 6), but it will work fine with a BB. When I get a message, it shows up in my mobile phone's inbox as a WAV file that I can download and listen to.
There is some configuration necessary in your Call Pilot regarding external email servers, but that's about it. You don't need any special licenses to use the feature. I believe with CP 5 that you don't even require MyCallPilot to invoke the feture, but I'm not absoutely sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back