Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unified callmanager 7960 phone line2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamt

Technical User
Feb 25, 2014
US
hi,
would someone help me on how to config a 7940/7960 phone so it would right on its 2nd line.

for example.
line 1 is 9xxx
line 2 is 0xxx

when line 1 is in use and a 2nd call comes in on the 9xxx, it doesn't ring on the 0xxx.

your help is greatly appreciated.

thx
Tam

You can accept multiple calls on that first 9xxx button. This is configurable in the DN settings page. If you have to have a second button and want it as a roll over line then you need to set forwarding on the 9xxx to go to 0xxx under the conditions you select. And if you have voicemail on extension 9xxx the you would need to add 0xxx as an alternate extension so calls can go to your voice mail.

the first line 1 or button 9xxx is already set to accept multiple calls.

will you elaborate on exactly how I configure it to rollover to line 2 when a 2nd call hits line 1 (9xxx and already in use). ?

thank you

correction, as of now. it will ring even when 9xxx is in use BUT it doesn't ring/flashes on the line 2.

Set your busy trigger to 1 on the 9xxx line and make sure you set the forward busy field to the 0xxx line. So when the user is on the phone on line 9xxx it will instally ring 0xxx when 9xxx is called.

where is in CUCM that I can make the changes?

Under the 9xxx line is where you want to set your busy trigger and your CFW busy fields.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT

under the Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings:

I tried leaving the box under the Voice Mail section check and unchecked and still no good.

in the middle page under Description, I have the 0xxx filled.

when I do check the box under Voice Mail, it will send a call directly to voicemail of 9xxx, so I think the box should be unchecked. but then, where is the setting you mentioned that I should look for?

Have you set your busy trigger to 1?

Do not check the voicemail box. It sends it to voicemail.

The middle field is not description, it's destination. This is where you want to enter 0XXX under the Forward Busy row.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice

the busy trigger is set to 1.
the forward busy internal and external both point to 0xxx and so are the other forward settings like no answer and no coverage.

again, the issue here is that when 9xxx is in use, it will forward and ring (on 9xxx line) and when press the line 2 (0xxx button) the call is answered. it's just that it doesn't ring on the actual line 2 (0xxx).

just need to adjust the settings so it will ring/flashes on line 2 (0xxx) when a 2nd call comes in and line 1 (9xxx) is in use.

Do you have your CSS for the Forward Busy fields set to be able to reach the 0XXX number?

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back