Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UNIDEN WIRELESS PCI CARD PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

stiffguy

Technical User
Sep 15, 2003
US
Hi:

I have a Uniden Wireless PCI card which works great with my Windows XP.

when I put the card in a PC which has WINDOWS NT ruuning, the card does not work at all. The system does not even recoganize the card. I tried to put the card in diffrent slot and still the same problem. However if I put a PCI Network card in the same slot, it works great. so the slot is not a problem and even the wirelss PCI card is not a problem since it works perfect in another computer.

In the WInodws NT system I have nothing other than the hard drive, CD drive and floppy drive.

What could be the problem? Is it clashing with some other IRQ in the machine? how do I find out.

Please cna any one suggest me

thanks

Windows NT is not a Plug 'n' Play operating system. You will want to check the Driver disk/CD for a Windows NT installation/driver directory, and use the installer, if supplied. Otherwise, if no installer has been supplied, but an NT compatible driver exists, you may goto Control Panel, and then Network, and add the appropriate driver.

Hi :

thanks for your message. I forgot to mention , I have the driver on the CD, but if the system does not recognize the PCI card, how can I install the driver for it ? I think I said in my message clearly that the system does not even recognize in order for me to install the driver.

any other suggestions ?

Thanks

check that plug and play is turned on in bios. to install it manually use add hardware in control panel.

Web Hosting & Telecommunications

Hi Xentraz:

There is no option in bios to turn the plug and play. In NT, how do u install from the add hardware in control panel?. there is no icon in Cntrol panel which is for add/remove hardware like in Windows 98 or XP ?

thanks

long time since i used nt but if i remember correctly if you go into system panel there should be a hardware tab. on some motherboards they have this option - PCI Configuration - PnP OS Installed

Web Hosting & Telecommunications

Hi:

I figured out myself. Afte inserting the card, went to network icon and added an adapter and then it asked for the driver location.

thanks for yoru help.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back