Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unicode Characters Don't Display in CR10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tama

MIS
Jun 6, 2001
NZ
Hi there

We're in the process of migrating our Oracle based Library Management System to a newer version which supports Unicode characters.

Almost all of our reporting is done through Crystal Reports 10 connecting via ODBC. We have the system running in a test environment and although I connect to the DB and generate reports Unicode Characters are not displayed:

For example the title of a DVD looks like this:
8-wæol æui K°æurisæumasæu [videorecording] = Christmas in August / chejak, Uno P°illæum ; kamdok, Hæo Chin-ho.

When is should look (more or less) like this:
8-wo?l u?i K?u?risu?masu? [videorecording] = Christmas in August / chejak, Uno P?illu?m ; kamdok, Ho? Chin-ho.

I'm using the "Arial Unicode MS" font on a Windows 2000 machine and my region is set to "New Zealand."

Any ideas to how I can this fix this would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Tama

I do my sums on fingers and thumbs.

Hi, Tama--
CR10 is fully Unicode compatible. I can create a report in CR10 using Arial Unicode MS font and display Kanji, Hangul and every other character in the font set.

Are you formatting your fields to use the font after placing them on the report?

There has to be some other reason they're not displaying; maybe it's related to Oracle rather than CR.

Hi,Try the query used in the report directly against the Oracle database...It needs to have that character set as its nls_ parameter settings I believe.

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back