Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unicode character set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khanjan

Programmer
Feb 24, 2004
NL
Hi,

How can store korean characters into mine Mysql databse and retrieve it back, without any losse of characters.

I mean when i am storing an aricle in non European language, and later retrive it on my website, it shows very strage characters or somtime this ?????? ???? ????.

Can anyone help me ????

Having strange characters appearing in your web browser could just mean that your browser can't display Korean characters. It doesn't necessarily mean that there's anything wrong with the data it has received.

To ensure that Unicode characters are stored properly, the field (presumably a TEXT field), or table, or database, would have to be declared as using the Unicode character set. However, it appears that this facility is not available until MySQL 4.1, which is still in the alpha phase.

In production versions of MySQL, you can store any kind of data, including Unicode text, in BLOB fields.

-----
ALTER world DROP injustice, ADD peace;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back