Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unicenter Remote Control URC error -HELP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesh001

MIS
Feb 25, 2005
TT
Hi,

I recently setup unicenter remote control on a Win2000 server machine. I then run the deployment task to install the remote control agents on all the computers on the domain. This task completed successfully.

The problem is that when I attempt to "connect"(take control) of any pc in the domain I get the following error message (Not at work now, cannot remember the message exactly but its something like this):

"You Username and password are valid, but the URC Management Server does not recognise you as a registered user of this host"

If anyone has any ideas on this, I really could use your help.

Thanks a million
Adesh

From CA web site:

This occurs when the user does not have rights to remote control the Host machine. In order to grant remote control rights for a user or group, you will need to properly set up the Address Books. For example, by default your centrally managed agents should appear in the New Computers" folder under Address Books. You can add users here by right clicking on "New Computers" and then choosing "Add User." You can also create new Address Books to limit who has rights to specific machines.

Open RC explorer on the RC manager machine. in the management subtree right click on the address books and for each address book add the local or domain groups/users who are supposed to be able to do RC to that host. The permissions are inheirited down.

In managed mode the rchost checks with the manager to see if the user/pwd is allowed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back