Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unicast flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifconf

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2004
GB
I need to add some static entries to the mac address table in my switches to effectively manage unicast flooding in my asyncronous network. On my 2960 switches (model WS-C2960G-48TC-L) I am able to set the static entry as follows; mac address-table static aaaa.bbbb.cccc vlan x int gi0/44 gi0/45 gi0/46. The important point here is I can set the static assignment for more than one interface. But, on my 2950 switches (Model WS-C2950T-24), I can only set one interface per static entry. System image on the 2950 is c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA7.bin, so pretty much up to date. I need to set the static entry to multiple interfaces as I have 12 2950 switches all with redundant uplinks to each other, and two of the switches connect to the firewall cluster.
Is this a harware limitation on the 2950? or am I missing some crucial configuration parameter?
Any suggestions welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back