Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unfied messaging password

Status
Not open for further replies.

propaniac

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2012
US
Hi All.. new here, but hope to learn a few tips and possibly answer a few questions...

I have a avaya partner 7.0 I changed the password on the system thru the software, but then had a power outage shortly after. Now it will not accept any password to the unified messaging app. This happened a few years ago and have a cable to hookup directly, i know i used a hyperterminal app, but i don't remember how to reset or login to fix this... any help would be great. thanks

I have done exactly that, but i am not getting any login prompt? any thoughts on what may be wrong? I have used this in the passed?

What do you get? I would try again. I have found hyperterminal can be testy and it can take multiple attempts to connect to the login prompt.

i just get a blinking cursor...says its connected, will try again today.

I got the login finally! But now i don't know the password to get in? I tried the 123456 defaul, and nothing.. any help? thanks

It should be the same password as you use to log-in as admin through the phone. Have you been locked out of that as well?

yes.. i am locked out if that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back