Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unexpectedly Quits

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolsGuy

Technical User
May 28, 2003
US
It happens every time I try to move an object from one layer to another in the layers menu. I just suddenly quits. Can you please help me? It's driving me nuts having to cut an paste from one layer to another.

The only time I've seen this happen is when you've got the Transform and the Layers palettes stashed together in the same palette window. Separating the two always fixes the problem.

thanks that's exactly what was happening. I tried it separate and it worked fine. put them together and it quits. That is a really stupid reason for it to just quit though. so simple that most wouldn't figure it out unless by accident. I was doing things like Nortons Disk Doctor, which wont work on my mac bought in 2003! , upgraded my computer to 10.2.6 and others. None of it worked untill your answer. thanks a lot :) I'm really liking this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back