Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unexpected table in relationship view 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianLe

Programmer
Feb 19, 2002
US
In AC97, when I look at the table relationships, there is a table that is not included in the list of tables. It has the same name as one of the listed tables but has a "_1" after it (i.e. BeltScales _1). Where could this unexpected table be coming from?

Thanks, Brian

If a table is added more than once to the relationship diagram, an underscore and number are appended to the name. There are several reasons that a table would be added more than once, for example, the table is related to itself, or it is related to another table in more than one way.

When I hide the "extra" table and reopen the relationship diagram, it reappears. When I hide both tables and reopen the diagram, neither appears. When I then select to show the desired table, both appear. I don't think I need the "extra" table. Would the extra table show up if there is a like between a master/child on a form/subform?

Thanks, Brian

I don't think so. Are there any relationship lines from the 'extra' table? If not, have you tried simply deleting it? If so, what relationship is defined?

There is a relationship line from WeightDate of tblBeltScales_1 to the relationship line between WeightDate of tblBeltScales and StartUnload of tblCarsUnloaded.

It seems that at some stage WeightDate was related to itself. Check if this is the case by right-clicking on the line and choosing edit relationship. I do not think you need such a relationship. It could be deleted and then the 'extra' table could be deleted.

Are you using lookup fields in tables? If so, have you created more than one lookup using tblBeltScales?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back