Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unexpected Results with Task Scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tactical

Technical User
Aug 24, 2003
CA
Besides the default tasks created by SBS 2003 upon installation I've scheduled a vbscript task and another database application specific task. With the exception of the db task they run as expected. The db works when I run it manually from the task's properties. However, I'm finding that when I log into the server by Remote Desktop that the task has started but seems to be waiting for me to log-in because as soon as I do it continues on and finishes.

If tried both entering the command line in the task scheduler and also invoking it via a batch file containing the command line. It's weird, to clarify if the task takes say only a few minutes to complete and I log onto the server 15 minutes expecting it to be completed I see that the task has started but it's not until I log-on that it finishes. If I don't log-off and simply stare at the screen waiting for the task it runs completing.

I want this particular task to run during the night and I can only access the Server by RD. Any suggestions?

- Iris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back