Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unexpected Error has Occurred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homenut

MIS
Aug 23, 2002
US
I have had a few users now have the problem where while tring to access there voicemail from the Outlook Interface, they get an :

"An unexpected error has occurred. This may be due to a temporary problem with the voice server, mail server, or the network. Please retry the operation. (0x80004005)"

I have looked thought the AVAYA site to see if I can find that error with no luck.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this same issue.

If your MM is SP2, it is an MM 2.0.1, which uses a different Outlook client, and as KenMeans picked up above, if your users are running WinXP SP2, there is a patch you need to apply. Both can be found here:
Also, you should manualy add your MM system Host names and corporate IP addresses to your corporate DNS server(s).

Thanks for your responses,

One machine is SP2 and the other is not. I do have the SP2 patch installed on the SP2 Machine.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall and had not luck.

Finally I called Avaya and talked to there tech support, to see if this was a known problem. They came back and gave me directions to perform a "CLEAN" uninstall.

----Clean Uninstall Directions-------------

1-Remove MM e-mail account, MM Message Service, from the list of accounts in Outlook (MSS backend only).

2-Close Outlook. Make sure it's no longer among running processes in the Windows Task Manager.( OUTLOOK.EXE in the Mask manager)

3-Uninstall Thick Client (MM Client in Add/Remove Programs).

4-Remove the whole folder Avaya Modular Messaging from Program Files

5-Remove these two keys from the registry
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Octel
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Octel

6-Remove the MMSPAB32.dll and MMXP32.dll from :
OL 2000 C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT
OL 2002 C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033
OL 2003 C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033

7-Reboot the Machine

-------------------------------------
I then installed the new version of MM for outlook.

After I had followed AVAYA's instructions and installed the client everything seems to be back in working condition, and I have not had a problem yet. If I do have a problem I will post back.

Looks like that didn't fix the problem. I am still working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back