Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

'Unexpected end of line seen' in a Makefile

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhahs

Technical User
Oct 19, 2004
US
While trying to install flex-2.5.35 (need this for wireshark install) I keep getting
the following error.

make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 195: Unexpected end of line seen
Current working directory /var/spool/pkg/flex-2.5.35/tests/test-table-opts

Here is the the lkine that is suppose to be causing the trouble

"
allopts := -Ca -Ce -Cf -CF -Cm -Cem -Cae -Caef -CaeF -Cam -Caem

# the test names themselves
"
This line is from the Makefile file. I have really no clue as were to look for the error.
Running Solaris 9

Thanks,
John

Are you installing a package or compiling? What compiler, gcc or Sun Studio? What architecture?

Often, the line reported as the error is not the line with the problem. Sometimes it's a line not too far away that makes the parser confused and it reports the last line being the culprit even though it's fine.

Look above for an unmatched quote (") or single quote ('). Also look above for unmatched parenthesis or brackets.

Thanks for the replays guys. HAve not been able to get back to the project until now. I found the package verssion, so I do not have to complie. Now just need time to work on the project..

Again, thanks much guys..
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back