Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

uneditable regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpest

Technical User
Feb 19, 2011
US
I created a site using a master template from which all of the pages were created. Later I noticed that the rectangle surrounding the word "Welcome" in the menu at the top of the page (which is index.html) was orange on every page, not just the home page when it was the active page. In checking the code, I realized that the following code was in an uneditable region on every page (since they were all created from the same template):

<div id="menu">
<ul>
<li class="current_page_item"><a href="../index.html">Welcome</a></li>
<li><a href="../2011_film_society_membership_brochure.pdf">Join</a></li>
<li><a href="../sponsors.html">Sponsors</a></li>
<li><a href="../about.html">About</a></li>
<li class="last"><a href="../contact.html">Contact</a></li>
</ul>
</div>

So the problem is that the code to make the area around "Welcome" orange exists on every page and needs to be edited with the "current_page_item" tag moved on the other top menu pages and eliminated from all the other pages.

I have been unable to find out how to make this uneditable region editable so I can change the code.

Here's the CSS code governing current_page_item:
#menu .current_page_item a {
background: #AA330F url(images/img04.gif) repeat-x;
color: #000000;
}

The site is at:

I'm (obviously) new to Dreamweaver and appreciate any input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back