Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

undocking a docked Find/Replace tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

wendas

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
I don't know how, but my normally small floating find tool suddenly just takes up the whole screen and sits with a tab as if it is an open table or stored procedure. Problem is I can't see the stored procedure it is finding stuff in, unless I tab back and forth from the find to the SP.

I did find if I dragged the tab on the find box I could display it vertical or horiziontal, but it still takes up too much realestate, and when I close it and hit ctrl-F to reopen the find, it returns to the full display tool. So I have to reset the horizontal display each time.

I notice in it's normal state of a small floating tool, if you drag your find box around it shows some docking tools. I must have hit one by accident, problem is I can not drag it anymore to redisplay the docking tools, logging out & in did not reset it.

Even a reset back to default on everything in the SQL would be good, if no one knows how to undock this.

Thanks.

As soon as I entered this, I clicked one more place and found it. I found that the opp. click in the toolbox didnot work, nor on the tab, but up top where the tabs run, if you opp. click in the empty gray area, if offered a choice to get it to float again.

Then once floating I did not see the docking fields when I dragged it. I found on the blue bar at the top of the box if I opposite click I could choose dockable.. Which then gave me the docking tools.. Strangely none of the docking tools made it back into a tabbed window form, but seemed to just push it to the top/bottom/right/left with no tab, and then opp. click on the blue bar undocked it.. So how I got it to be docked as a tabbed full window, which made it harder to find a way to get it to float again, that is still a mystery..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back