Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Undo Phone Extension Linkage (Reset Phones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YooperKen

Technical User
May 17, 2016
US
Quite a few months ago I was asked to make two extensions act like one (i.e. when phone extension #1 is called it also rings at extension #2 for an individual with two offices - local & remote). With help from the forum, that was accomplished. Now I've been asked to separate the two phones (one office is now occupied by a different employee and the other individual is down to just one office). The new person wants to call the phone his own thus the need to 'separate' them.

Can I just do a 'copy' from another extension to the once 'remote' phone and thereby 'reset' it to a 'normal' extension and would I need to do the same with the 'local' phone to reset it as well?

This is on an AVAYA Magix (Legend) System. One phone (local) is an MLX5DP and the other (remote) is a 4412D+.

Yooper Ken

Your previous threads don't cover how you set up extension #1 and #2 to ring together, but my guess is either Coverage button or Shared System Access buttons.

Use WinSPM to do a Print of the extensions, and you should be able to see how one covers the other, then remove the button(s) that do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back