Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

understanding queue to skillset...

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownlg

MIS
Aug 29, 2001
US
i have a script that queues to skillset 'a'. it waits 2 seconds and then queues the call to skillset 'b'. this morning an 'a' call came into the script and was on hold for about 5 minutes. we had the one agent with skillset 'a' take themselves out of not ready to accept the call, but it didn't ring through to them. it continued to hold even though they were available. it held until it was eventually picked up by someone else that came out of not ready that had skillset 'b'.

here's the actual code:

IF (IDLE AGENT COUNT wanhtl > 0) AND (NOT OUT OF SERVICE wanhtl) THEN

QUEUE TO SKILLSET wanhtl WITH PRIORITY 4
WAIT 2

END IF

IF NOT OUT OF SERVICE wanhtlbackup THEN

QUEUE TO SKILLSET wanhtlbackup WITH PRIORITY 4
WAIT 2

i have it queue immediately following the first queue to because we don't want them to wait if they don't have to. the wanhtl skillset only has 1 person on it.

if i queue a call to skillset 'a' and then to 'b', does it take it out of 'a' first, before queueing to skillset 'b'? i thought it would be queued to 'a' and then to 'b' (both) and then whichever became available first would accept the call.

i thought if you wanted to take a call out of a skillset, you used the remove from skillset command.

finally, there is the possibility that the agent and person that recognized that this call was on hold didn't do exactly what they described to me either and it was answered it as it should've been!

Les Brown
Kelly Services, Inc.

maybe you can place an OOS for the skillsets wanhtl and wanhtlbackup in it like:

IF IDLE AGENT COUNT wanhtl >0 AND NOT OUT OF SERVICE wanhtl THEN /* you do not need the hooks*/
QUEUE TO SKILLSET wanhtl WITH PRIORITY 4
WAIT 2
ELSE
IF NOT OUT OF SERVICE wanhtlbackup THEN
QUEUE TO SKILLSET wanhtlbackup WITH PRIORITY 4
WAIT 2
ELSE GIVE BUSY
END IF
END IF

This implies that if there's no one logged in it gives a busy signal. The way it is set up now is that the call is offered to the skillset even if out of service, you currently only have a statement what to do if not out of service.

As you have the call being queued to skillset wanhtl immediatelly followed by the queue to wanhtlbackup, there's no time to take the call, it's queued to the next skillset. insert a longer period of waiting, say 10 seconds to enable the agent with skillset a to take the call.

thanks for the input.

the code actually goes on further (not included in my post) to check yet another skillset and queue to it if it's in service. ultimately, if nothing is in service it plays a catastrophe message. in the respect of how it handles out of service, i'm confident it's working properly.

my question still stands though...if you queue to one skillset and then to a second, does it take it out of the first skillset before queueing to the second? i'm gonna have to test that.

Les Brown
Kelly Services, Inc.

i figured out the problem. the IDLE AGENT COUNT check that i had in there was causing the call to not be queued to the skillset at all if the person was in not ready. so even if they came back into ready mode, it had never been queued to their skillset, thus they wouldn't be presented the call. makes sense.

Les Brown
Kelly Services, Inc.

(overlooked, sorry),
Therefore you might add the skillset wanhtlbackup skillset to agent a with the highest priority, so he might take the call in the overflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back