Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Understanding Phone Routing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

STRAZIT

Technical User
Feb 7, 2012
US
I am in the process of gathering the infomation of how our phone system works.
We have 3 T-1's - LD 60, stat

From LD 21 I printed the RDB and found which routes were incoming and outgoing.

My question is how can I tell what routes are attached to what external number? We have two main lines with a DID block.

Thanks

A route isn't attached to a particular number. A route is basically a group of trunks for inboud/outbound traffic. Then you assign trunks to those routes. If you go into LD 21 and do a LTM you can see what trunks are assigned to what routes. Typically a customer would have a combination of inbound/outbound trunks. Typically this is accomplished on the same T-1. Some sites will have a T-1 just for long distance. You would have to print out your NPA's and NXX's in LD 90 and then see what RLI's they are pointed to in LD 86. Then in LD 86 it will tell you exactly what routes outbound numbers are pointed to. A DID number can come in on any given trunk in that route.

Thanks KCFLHRC

How do I print my NPA's and NXX's in LD 90?
LD 90
REQ - PRT
CUST - 0
FEAT - NPA
ESN009??

Then in LD 86?

At feat put in AC1, then NPA or NXX at type. In ld 86 you do a prt,at feat put in rlb and then at rli put in your rli # . Ac1 represents the number you dial for an outside number, typically 9.

When i issued
ld 90
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT ac1
I got a boat load of results which a logged to a file. In reviewing this file, I only see two RLI numbers 7 and 10.

I then went into
LD 86
REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT RLB
RLI 7 and 10

Both RLI's had a route number of 3. This doesn't make sense because my 2 full T-1's are route 5 and 2

It would seem odd to me that they would use only rli 7 and 10. Print an individual NPA and an individual nxx and see what RLI they are pointing to.

I printed the npa and confirmed that all the npa's have either a 7 or a 10 RLI both which go to route 3

WHen I printed the nxx they have a RLI of 1 and go to route 4 and 1

still seems like something is missing. my two main routes are not showing up. They have a route and something is using them in ld 60 stat

Not sure what you got going on there. Are these PRI's or just T-1's? Back in the day there was something called Smart Trunks where you used a call by call set up and used mins and maxs to allow a certain number of calls based on call type. Along with this you configured I believe is what they called main routes and service routes. Maybe that's what you have going on. Just a guess without actually seeing the programming.

I don't think so because when run the same command under ac2 i receive ESN100

Can you confirm the T-1's are route 5 and 2 and not loop 5 and 2? Loop is the circuit itself, route can be a number of circuits grouped together for a specific purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back