Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

understanding pantone librarys

Status
Not open for further replies.

samjoy

Programmer
Apr 28, 2009
GB
Had a look on google to try and find out which pantone library for what uses and its not clear. Sent some artwork using process un-coated colours and got a moody printer tell me they need them in solid un-coated. How can I find out what librarys for what situation, I believe they are printing a logo I did onto bags, not sure what material they are? Thanks, Sam

There are both Pantone Process (4 color process colors) and Pantone Matching System colors.

PMS colors are mixed by the printer from basic inks to match the standard PMS color book.

Make sure that you use the PMS colors on any job that is not going to be printed four color process.

The menu isn't easy to get to for some reason.

Click on Swatches, from the little drop down list in the upper right, select open Swatch Library then select Color Books.

From the list you can select Pantone Solid.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back