Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Understanding FLOW OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

larmi

MIS
Jul 31, 2013
US
Hello
I'm trying to understand the FLOW OUT column on my BCMS SKILL report. I was always under the impression that the FLOW OUT column was any call that was transferred out of the vector (and not in a queue). For instance, for non urgent calls, calls will be queued... For critical calls, the vector will forward the call to a coverage answer group that rings 5 phones at once. I'm getting stats/details for the non urgent calls, as they are being queued. However, I can't tell how many critical calls came in. Perhaps my vector is not set up correctly? How can I make critical calls appear in the "FLOW OUT" column?

Hello there. Couple of questions for ya. First if you are running a list bcms skill report it will not show vector activity at all. I don't think vectors are even available for reporting in basic BCMS. Generally think of a flow out this way. If a call queues to a skill first, then rather than getting answered by an agent it is forced to route somewhere else than you have a Flow Out. Good example is RONA if your agents don't use auto-answer, or something like perhaps you queue the call up and then play a message asking the callers if they want to leave a voice mail message (if they do wish to leave a vm message you will also have a flow out).

So in your scenario I am guessing for your critical call you are just routing to a dummy station with a coverage path to the cover answer group, I have done it that way myself a few times.

If you don't want to change much try running a bcms vdn report for all the vdns that point to your vector. You will see a flow out column there as well. And you should have some good data. Just keep in mind the other scenarios I mentioned for flow outs cause they will also be counted in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back