Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Underline Rules in QX6.1a issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bischerboy

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
NL
Just a quickie -

QX6.1a/OSX10.3.2/Suitcase X1.

Have set a para style to include a full underline (15% offset, .25pt, 60% black) font throughout is 9 on 12pt.

Can anyone explain why if I have a new para style following this (same font, 9 on 12pt, but with 3 or 6mm space before), the underline rule drops down.

This appears to be something to do with having a space before set on the following para - have checked all styles are 'true' ie no little '+' by the side, and changed fonts: this could really mess up my layouts. Couldn't remember this happening way back in QX4 - any ideas?

I've run into the same thing, without using style sheets. Just today I had 2 identical paras set for Rule Under, 20% Offset, .5 pt, 100% Black. Both paras had the same font sizes, leading, and space after. The first para was at the beginning of the text box and the second one was at the top of the second column in the same text box. So the previous line ended with a new column entry (from hitting the enter button on the number pad -- the little up-arrow when viewing invisibles).

It was actually messing up the line of text below the rules. I had to adjust the space after the second para by -.1 pt to make the baselines line up.

Hi, had a look into this, and found an old QX4 Visual Quickstart book (Elaine Weinmann 1998)which says if you alter the spacing between the paras, the rule position will adjust automatically. Now I don't think this is particularly helpful, I'm sure there must be a way around it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back