Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Underlaying all detail sections?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tancan74

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
I have a report that contains 5 different detail sections, and to get them to display and print the way I need them to, I need them all to underlay each other. I have the boxes checked in them all, but they just don't want to do it. I was wondering if maybe because each detail section has a conditional suppression, if that may be why they were not underlaying.... I would really appreciate any help I could get!
Thanks!
Tanya

I really wanted all the detail sections to underlay each other, but due to time crunch, ended up making subreports and got rid of all those detail sections. I really didn't want to do subreports because this report is going to be generating many, many pages, and we have found before that using subreports slows our processing of the report really bad. :(

Do you mean 5 subsections of 1 record (Details A-B-C-D-E), or 5 different records with their own detail sections.

5 detail subsections will underly each other within one record, eve with condtional suppression. But, you can't underlay one records detail to another records detail.
Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back