Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

undeliverable message when sending meeting request

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebjenkins

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
GB
Recently the PA to our MD left the company and since then whenever people send meeting requests via Outlook to the MD, they receive an undeliverable message back from the Exchange server, saying that the PAs account does not exist:

Subject: Undeliverable: Updated: Meet with Becky @ Borders to discuss Autumn 08 special project TO BE MOVED

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Updated: Meet with Becky @ Borders to discuss Autumn 08 special project TO BE MOVED
Sent: 30/11/2007 17:13

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Ellis, Zoe on 30/11/2007 17:13
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
<soemail1.it.scholasticinc.local #5.1.1>

Now, as the PA left it is clear that her account AD account and Exchange accounts have been deleted. So are people getting undeliverable when sending to the MD because of something to do with delegate access, probably because the PA maintained the MDs calendar for them ?

Any ideas ?
Many thanks in advance

I've seen this alot and you are correct, it most likely is delegate related. The person who left is most likely still a delegate of the MD. If the MD checks his/her delegates and doesn't see the PA set as a delegate, it may be that you need to open up a profile for the MD from the server and verify this yourself. I find that I see things from the server side the user cannot. Hope this helps.

Could the name be cached, Outlook doesnt know any better so it pulls from there?
But Delegate in this case seems more plausible.

I would say that one of the people that is a member of your meeting notice has this terminated person set as a delegate. Even though the person is termed, sometimes the acct can stay in the delegation and cause this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back