Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Undeliverable from System Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey2

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
US
Here's the scenario: Courtney sends out an invitation to attend a meeting (from her own calendar). When anyone accepts or declines the invitation, they get the message from the System Admin as shown below (although it does get put in their calendar if they accept). It might be helpful to know that Pam does exist in the organization, but has nothing to do with the invite or calendar (that we know of). Any ideas?

Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 8:04 AM
To: Pam LastName
Subject: Undeliverable:Declined: Updated: Attendance Policy

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Declined: Updated: Attendance Policy
Sent: 6/11/2004 8:04 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Pam LastName on 6/11/2004 8:04 AM
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
<gorg.ourdomain.org #5.1.1>

Not for sure if this will work on your situation but we had this problem a while back after an upgrade. The users were typing in part of the email address then the name appears and they select the name from that verses selecting the name from the address list. We had to go through and clear the outlook cache.

For OL2000:
Use the following steps to use the Clear Cache button:
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab.
Click Advanced Options.
In the Advanced Options box, click Custom Forms.
In the Custom Forms box, click Manage Forms.
In the Forms Manager box, click Clear Cache.

For OL2002:
On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab.
Click Advanced Options.
In the Advanced Options box, click Custom Forms.
In the Custom Forms box, click Manage Forms.
In the Forms Manager box, click Clear Cache.

Forgot to ask if this only happens when people send mail to pam?

Quell,
No, they aren't replying to Pam. The are accepting or declining Courtney's invitation to a meeting. Once the accept or decline, the System Administrator message notifies them that the response to 'Pam' is undeliverable. And Pam has nothing to do with this scenario, but Exchange is bringing her into it somehow.

sorry I could not be more help. Maybe someone else can post a solution.
/me scratches his head

Hello Mickey,

This sounds like an issue that we had, in that a meeting request was sent to userA and the meeting originator would get a bounce saying userB could not be delivered to.

This was a delegate issue with userA having userB getting a copy of all meeting requests. Userb had left the company a few months earlier and the active directory object was deleted. By removing the delegate permissions from userA's Outlook, the problem was resolved.

What concerns me is that you said "Pam" does exist in the AD schema? And all invitees are getting the bounce message?

Is this correct?

Wyz

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head. I'll try removing Pam and adding her back. Even though she DOES exist in the AD schema, maybe something will get flushed out in the process. Also, I'll double-check any other permissions Pam might have on Courtney's calendar.

Mickey2,

I would not recommend removing the AD object for "Pam".

Let me do some research and see if I can find the solution.

Removing an AD object in my opinion is a "last resort" type of action.

Wyz

Fixed it! Once upon a time (around SP2) we had given Pam rights to 'send on behalf of' Courtney (on the Exch Admin side). However, (after SP3) the user (Courtney) has to also delegate permission on her end as well. Anyway, looking into the client end (at Courtney's PC), it appears that Pam was a delegate, but did not have any permissions to go along with it. Delegating, but not giving permission to the calendar seemed to be the booger.

Anyway, I have since removed her as a delegate entirely, and the problem no longer exists. Thanks for your efforts.

Hello,

We are experiencing this problem also, we have a Exchange 5.5 enviroment though. The person who is getting the meeting request (and shouldnt be) is not a delegate on any of the clients who sent the original meeting request. So when userA sends a meeting request to userB, userA gets a Sys Admin email informing them that the recipient name is not recognised. The user had an exchange account but it was deleted about 3 weeks ago. This user is not a delegate for UserB and the setting on the clients machine confirm this. Anyone any ideas?

regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back