Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Undelete********************************** HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegameoflife

Programmer
Dec 5, 2001
US
is there a free undeleting program???

or does anyone have some tips on undelete

i have two small databases that I need to recover....

HELP

Be more specific:

1. Did you delete the file or some table information INSIDE the file?

2. Are you on some sort of corporate network where you may be able to get backups of your files from some past date?

Either way, the prognosis is "not good". Your best chance is to find the most recent backup and go with it.

two .mdb files on my computer and they are not in the trash.

In that case, good luck. Undelete programs mostly went the way of the dinosaur with the advent of the Recycle Bin. My only recommendation is that in the meantime, don't create new files or do much web browsing as these will fill your free HD space and theoretically overwrite your data.

You don't have much of a chance anyway.

Try PC Inspector File Recovery ... Not only is it free but it dose a wonderful job of recovering lost or deleted files...

*note* after running PC Inspector go to file : Find and type in *.mdb as a wildcard to locate the deleted database files instead of going through each recovered directory. This will save you a ton of time .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back