Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unconditional Forwarding to external number not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOPBAY

Programmer
Sep 29, 2014
AU
Hi All,

Hope everyone is enjoying the last day of 2016.
Please help me on unconditional forwarding.
From IP phone I tried to save external destination number for unconditional forwarding however the phone doesn't accept saving external number but internal extensions.
Also I tried it with short code *07*N# but the system accepts only internal ext and gives 2 beep sounds but not external number.
However I can save an external number on Manager at forwarding tab of user setting.
Is there any setting I can enable phone to accept external number on unconditional forwarding destination?

- IPO Server Edition 9.1
- 9608 IP phones

Thanks

Trunk to trunk transfer and enable off site transfer look to be disabled in manager/ system and manager/lines

2016: The year death stopped giving a sh*t

1) does that shortcode (*07*N#) access the proper outgoing line group?
2) in Manager are you putting the access code (ie. 9) before the number you are forwarding to?
3) 9608? Features> Forward> Forward Unconditional
Forward Unconditional On
call Type Non Group
Destination "outgoing phone #"​
Save​

that's all I got...​

[SOLVED]
Thanks holdmusic32 and Wallysworld for your quick reply.
System>Telephny>Telephony untick "Inhibit Off-Switch Forward/Transfer" has fixed.

If this is ticked IP phone will not accept saving external destination in Features> Forward> Forward Unconditional.
What I don't like is Manager accepts saving external destination in User> Forwarding tab, this should give at least warning tho..

Have a lovely new year!!

Now you know you shouldn't forget.

2016: The year death stopped giving a sh*t

Worst is (same with call barred users) that it blocks any short code as call forwarding target. So if you have a short code to send callers to a Voicemail box or AA it will not work.

So for me it is the better option to enable trunk-to-trunk and disable "inhibit off switch transfer" and avoid barred users and create decent ARS forms together with user rights containing short codes pointing at the needed ARS form.

Derfloh
Those 2 options are simply there as a safety net to ensure that programmers have at least though about off switch transfers before enabling them.

I also invariably Bar everything that may need baring in system short codes & then enable the exceptions on a per user basis (using User rights where appropriate)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back