Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uncond Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefcob

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2005
BE
When i programm a uncond. forward to an external number, i receive the cli number from my pbx. Is it possible to receive the cli number from the caller ?

Simple answer is no.

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times [hourglass]

if somoene has a better understanding of the cf feature, please correct me.

unconditional call forwarding on the ipo is a term for the function the ipo does. a more accurate term would be, 'unconditional conferenceing of the incoming call out on another line on the ipo to the destination telephone number in the forwarding number field'.[a bit wordy, but i believe accurate] that is why you get the pbx clid, try setting the users outgoing clid to a unique clid to know it is coming from the user which is uncond cf'd.

i do not know if you can capture the incoming clid, and send it out instead of the clid for the user which the ipo uses to conference the call out on.

The IPO sends the incoming number to the forwarded destination. Then it's up to your service provider to show that information.

It's usually ignored since it would mean that you could show any number you want when making a call.

only will work if your provider will send what you send them.............

i : The i character does not affect the incoming number matching. It is used for Outgoing Caller ID Matching, see below.

so in the incoming call route,

incoming number: i1235551234 (what ever he wants to see on his cell phone)

destination: (the user that wants to see a custom number when his extension forwards to his cell phone)

We have this set up on our IPO and it works well.

For example, my extension is 4320. I created short code 4330, using the following parameters:

Code: 4330
Feature: Dial3K1
Telephone number: 5557771212ss
Line Group ID: 0

For the telephone number, enter the external number, followed by ss. This passes through the CLI information from the originating caller. On my telephone, I press the call forward button and forward my calls to 4330. I generally forward to my cell phone, so my caller ID shows either the external party that’s calling my office phone or the four digit extension of the internal user. You just have to adjust the allocated answer interval according to what voicemail system you want picking up.

This is also based on your provider allowing you the ability to pass through CLI information. Our IPO is working off of a Verizon PRI which allows us to pass through the CLI.

Hope this helps.

You are very lucky i have a ton of Verizon PRI's out there and they will never let me control the caller ID. most other carriers will let you handle it but they have always given me a hard time. I spent 3 months on this with a Definity and EC500. Never got them to release the caller id.

Another option is upgrade to 3.2 and using mobile twinning...that passes caller ID as well, and the advantage is you can walk back to your desk and finish the call from your desk phone if you are in the area.

Hi There

cms2045 - I've tried setting up the shortcode you suggest and the call gets sent out as anonymous.

I guess this means my ISDN provider isn't letting me pass through the CLI?

I have spoken to my local BT rep and they said that the BT network can't do this anyway...

Am I missing something?

Sounds like it is probably the provider blocking it. The service providers I have this working with are in the US, not sure if that makes a difference in the way PRIs work.

Interestingly, the Siemens Hicom (don't all lynch me at once) can do this.

We have BT ISDN2e on our 406v2 and it doesn't send the calling party's CLI - it sends the line CLI out (like you'd expect - after all - the IPO is making a call out on your behalf).

The Siemens kit actually put's the divert back to the exchange (clever programming in the Siemens). This comes up on my mobile with the CLI of the calling party (and even displays the word 'divert').

So it is possible to do it (just not on the IPO) - and it's not always a provider issue (as the above has proved). It's the way the IPO talks to the exchange (ie. it doesn't talk 'exchange' talk - it just dials the 'forwarded to' number).

HTH

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times [hourglass]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back