Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UNC path not supported - Regserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvmurphy

Programmer
Jul 29, 2003
US
My apologies if this is repeated, tried posting it earlier, but I never saw it.

On our XP Pro clients, on boot up we run a batch job to map network drives, and then we register some Active X exe’s. (ex. C:\Windows>\\Jupiter\Pgmexe\DeLogin /Regserver).

This routine works fine for the first user that gets set up on the computer. For any other user who attempts to sign on, the mapping of the network drives is fine, but when we try to register the exe’s, we get the message:
‘\\Jupiter\PgmExe’
CMD.EXE was started with the above path as the current directory.
UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

You did have an earlier thread.

I suggested then that you disable the asynchronous processing of the logon script. This speeds up the login process in a stand-alone workstation by allowing the user to log in with cached logon credentials before the network is fully ready. It can confound things though.

To disable this "feature" and restore your logons to their "normal" behavior: Start, Run, gpedit.msc Under Computer Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->System-->Logon, change "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" to ENABLED.

Reboot and test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back