Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UNC Path / Mapped Drive to Document Library - Crashes Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

norstarboston

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2002
US
We are in the process of moving some file server documents over to SharePoint document libraries. To ease in the transition we have mapped drives to the SharePoint documents. It works great for the most part but several users have had issues with their system locking up when opening word documents. Has anyone else experienced this? It still works fine via the web interface. If anyone can offer a fix I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You

I would look at your links to the documents. If the links is something like everything should be fine. I have had this issue before due to my links looking at the relative path rather than the web path.
file://mysite/document.doc versus
To correct this, you must remove all relative references within your documents and hardcode the web location.

Sorry, this is due to the site having to reauthenticate the user for access to the file rather than the a location within the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back