Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unbound text box in Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtomar

Programmer
Jun 24, 2002
US

Hi,

I have Access database file for warehouse (recieving+issuing), so I want help to creat unbound text box in the form shows the balance of stock item when I do transaction for posting issue documents, and the validity rule to privent posting when balance QTY < issued QTY .

Thanks,
mtomar@msn.com

Basically,
1 Add the unbound text box to your form
2 In its control source property, create an expression which calculates the value you want
OR
2 In the form's VB module, create a function which calculates the value you want and return this value.
3 Set the text box Control Source property = this function
If there is some extraneous condition that determines whether or not you display anything then you will probably have no choice other than to use VB to calculate then set the value of the field - for example only after the posting or whatever. In this case the approach is slightly different.
Without more info it's difficult to be more precise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back