Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

unbound reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher1954

Programmer
Mar 13, 2012
ZA
Hi!
I would like a sample code on how to print a report using a table, but as as unbound item. Hence I want to difine the recordset and loop through it and print the report. I have some success in a MSAccess report, but it is not working.

Can you provide more information of what you are trying to do and why. This could range from the trivial to the very complicated.

I don't think so.
I have attached a data base with one table and one form.
The form is unbound.
I got it to print in of the 9 records. But now it prints none.
Herewith a link to the program.
All help would be appreciated.
God Bless.

I looked at your db and it BEGS one question WHY???? why open a report in such a complicated method when you are populating it with All records in your contacts table. Unless this is some supposed real world scenario dreamed up by an instructor some where that he or she thinks it is teaching you something then they need to give their head a shake. Create a query bind it to the report and it will give you the results you desire. The current method only serves to complicate something that access handles very easily with a query. No point in re inventing the wheel

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work" <<Edison>>

Thanks, I agree there are better ways, being in programming access for some years. But the remote site, programming requires me to recognise input per login and then open the appropriate tables in the DB.

I got it right.

I have a new threat will log it soon.

Blessings.

Cool but if you had indicated that in the beginning then the response may have been something very different

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work" <<Edison>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back