Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unbound Object Frame limits rows displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan77

Programmer
Jan 28, 2001
ZA
Hi there

I have a sensitive excel spreadsheet that performs complicated calculations. It is embedded in an access form as an unbound object frame, which is secured so the user can not interact with the control directly. The user types the values to be used in the calculations into text boxes on the form and a button_click event writes the values to the corresponding cells in the spreadsheet, which causes the spreadsheet to update, etc. This all works fine.

The trouble is that access is limiting the muber of rows I can display in the unactivated unbound object frame. The number of rows I can fit in seems to be affected by the font size, but not by the overall number of cells displayed.
(I'm changing the display selection by chosing to "edit" the excel spreadsheet, and using the "handles" on the edit window.

Can anyone tell me how to get around this, or even explain why?

Thanks in advance!

Rowan

Did you ever find a solution to this probelm. I am having a very similar problem with the number of cloumns displayed. It seems to be limiting this at a fixed location on the spreadsheet. Please inform.

Thank you,
BAKEMAN [Pimp]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back