Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unbound forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

davem1958

Programmer
Oct 10, 2001
US

I'm a VB programmer, so I'm used to doing everything in code. I'm trying to create an unbound modal form that when user fills out and hits Save, I create one parent record and multiple child records.

The problem I'm having is that when I make the form unbound, my combo boxes quit working -- something very descriptive like "You've used the ListIndex property incorrectly".

Is it legal to have an unbound form, but have combo boxes tied to database tables? If not, is there another way to load them?

Thanks.

Dave.

You could just write a function which accessed the values you wanted to fill the comboxes when the form opened. Then at the end write everything manually. I guess just leave the combo's unbound, retrieve information directly from the correct recordset and fill the comboboxes.

I might have a better idea if I saw some of the code in context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back