Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unbound form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddyoftheyear

Technical User
Aug 11, 2010
US
I have an unbound form with multiple tabs that contain listboxes. in the top of the unbound form, I have a combobox with clientID and name, once you select clientID, it filters all the list boxes to the data associated with the clientID. I want to add a tab with a field from the client_tbl. This field is a memeo field for general comments. I am not sure what would be the best way to do it.

Should i create a subform with clientID and client_comments field and link to the combobox? if I do that, it will not update the data

Is there a way that i can just add the field from the table to the tab and link to the combbox?

your thoughts would be appriciated!

It sounds as if you have multiple controls tied to the same data source, which all reside on an unbound form. Why is the form not bound to the same data source?

Nevertheless, you could create a bound subform based on a SQL statement whose criteria is based on the data in the combo box. Just have the combo box refresh the subform after a choice is made, which I am assuming you are doing with the other controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back