Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unbound Field won't allow entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancieFL

Technical User
Mar 3, 2003
US
I have created an unbound form which has one field. This field is being used as part of the filter when the command button is selected.

The problem I am having is that when I run the form, although my cursor is located in the text box. the form won't allow entry.

This may be a simple solution because I am new to access.

Thanks

Without seeing which properties are set wrong for this text control just delete it and recreate it with the same name. The default settings should allow you to enter data.

Let me know if that doesn't work. Bob Scriver

Thanks for the help. I think I now know what the problem is, but do not yet have a solution.

I have created the column as a text box (ab tool). That must be for display only. I will need to find the one that is used for input boxes.

Francie

What you are referring to as the 'ab' tool, which matches the icon on the toolbox, is in fact for a Text Box, designed to input data. Using this tool will produce a text box for input, plus a label to provide for a description of what the text box is used for. There is not other tool for what you are trying to do.

This text box must be tied to the field that you wish the data entered into. Open the form in the design mode, select the text box by right clicking, then select properties. Select the 'all' tab and look at the entry for 'Control Source'. It should list the name of the field in your table to which the data should be entered.

If this is OK, there are other properties we can check.

I'd suggest following scriverb's suggestion to place a new text box on the form. Something may have become corrupted with the one with which you are having an issue. - - - -

Bryan

I deleted the old text box and created a new one. The form is an unbound form, and the column will be unbound. I will create a whole new form to see if the text box will allow entry for me.

Thanks for all of your help.

Recreating the form allows me to enter data. I will add my command buttons and see how that goes.

Thanks for helping me out.

Sorry, misread your post regarding the field not being unbound.

Let us know how it goes. - - - -

Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back