Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unbound Field with Message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dctechuser

Technical User
Sep 11, 2009
US
Hi everyone,I have a Parameter Query that I am running to pull records from an Access database. The user is entering the last four of the Social Security Number to retrieve records with a Message Dialog Box. I need Access to give a message, "No Records Found" in an unbound field on the form when the Parameter Query runs and finds no records.I have a Form with SSNNumber (Four Digits Entered Field)SSN (Full Social Security Number field)Last nameFirst nameMiddle Initial These fields display when records are found.How can I do an IF function in the Unbound Field where If SSNNUmber = " " Then have a visible message in Red indicating "Record Not Found".

format the font red and add this to the control source

=IIf(Nz([SSNNumber])="","No Records Found!","")

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back