Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unbound and Bound in ADP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayway

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2007
US
I was wondering how many people are using Unbound Form or Bound Form.
If you use bound Form how many concurrent user can use ADP?
How easy is to create ubound form and how long would it takes?

THanks

i only use bound forms. not all forms i use are bound at design time. there are a few where i set the recordsource at run-time, but those are still bound forms. an unbound form will take longer to code as you'll need to handle add, update and delete actions on your own.

Thanks Gacaccia.
How many users are accessig to your bound forms?
We are currently using about 10 concurrent user. Do you think bound form can support more than 10 concurrent user?

Thanks

A bound form can support 25, 50, or 100 concurrent users, depending on several factors:
* the quality of the code
* the quality of the network
* the size of the data set
* the complexity of the task being performed by the form.

Jeremy

---
Jeremy Wallace
ABCDataworks
You can find us on the web, and my e-mail is fairly easy to guess.

Good to know. Jeremy.

We have this issue. Lately new record user enter in, Randomly some record are not completely save in the database or later user find out record is not there.
Not certain what could be the problem.
we use sql 2000 server. Please let me know if have any idea.

I mostly use unbound forms but do have some bound forms...

almost all updates/inserts on unbound forms are done by using stored procedures with parameters and I find that the development time is not noticeably longer...

in those instances where I do use bound forms, they are usually bound with filter criterias against user specific details, eg spids...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

I heard from one of author of ADP book regarding Unbound form in ADP is pretty challenge to design specially when you have multiple table to enter information together. Did you find any difficulties when you use multiple table to use entering information?

Thanks

it's only a challenge if you don't know who to code properly...

like I said, my forms are mostly based on stored procedures and views/udfs. These do all the tying up of multiple tables/complicated logic/error checking...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back